Porcelain Veneers (also known as porcelain laminates) are thin, custom made ‘shells’ permanently bonded to the front of your teeth. Veneers can transform teeth that are broken, chipped, worn down, or stained ,and can even make a crooked tooth appear to be straight or be used to close a gap between two teeth.
Basically porcelain veneers can mask out any problem with an ugly tooth or teeth, hiding them behind a perfect looking facade. In partnership with some of the most skilled dental ceramists in the country (in the laboratories which custom manufacture porcelain veneers), Dr Tiang is able to offer this treatment option for either one tooth or your entire smile.
Veneers improve the colour and shape of your teeth, and give a spectacular lift to your smile. Your teeth don’t lose any of their strength, and you’ll be able to bite and chew normally. Porcelain veneers are also highly resistant to staining and are made of very durable ceramics with an apperance identical to that of tooth enamel.
Dr Tiang’s philosophy is to be as conservative as possible. This means only removing the minimum of tooth structure (none if possible, such as for small teeth or teeth which lean backwards) to achieve the desired result. Porcelain veneers can be an excellent treatment choice in many cases and Dr Tiang can advise you if this options will suit you.
- Lifelike and unnoticeable to the untrained eye
- Longevity, they can last a lifetime if done correctly and maintained
- Takes more than one visit with a temporary veneer installed while the final porcelain shell is being custom manufactured
- Price is more expensive than composite
- If removal of tooth structure is required then is generally more than if composite was used